Bali Indonesia, 23-30 August 2013
The emphasis this year is on the practical application of the ecosystem services concept in planning, management and decision making.
Making ecosystems services count is the theme of the 6th Annual Ecosystem Services Partnership (ESP) Conference that will be held from the 26-30 August 2013 in Bali, Indonesia. The emphasis this year is on the practical application of the ecosystem services concept in planning, management and decision making including the development of case studies. A mix of plenary sessions and workshops are proposed for participants who will include practitioners, educators, policy-makers and researchers.
TEEB as one of the partners of this annual event will organize a series of events at the Conference including a one day training on how to Mainstream the values of water and wetlands into the decision making process. The training draws from the recommendations of the TEEB for Water and Wetlands report, including the findings of a training needs assessment from a survey distributed at the Kigali Forum for Wetlands.
Some of the topics that will be addressed at the Conference include:
- 4 keynote-speakers: Darryl Low Choy, Carl Obst, Steve Lansing and Meine van Noordwijk
- 10 special sessions organised by among others UNEP, UNCCD, IUCN-CEM, ICRAF
- 20 workshops organised by the ESP Thematic Working Groups and Biome Expert Groups
- 18 open-topic sessions to provide an opportunity to discuss issues in a free format
- Stakeholder discussion about the implementation of ES in SE-Asia
- Special issues of the journals associated with ESP
For more information please visit the Conference website here
Download the TEEB@ESP flyer here to view all our events at the Conference.
Picture credits: Wenzel Prokosch