The TEEB Secretariat regrets to announce that the funder for the above project has chosen to terminate its contract with UNEP and as such UNEP-TEEB will not be able to fund this project.
We extend our sincere apologies to potential consortia which may have expended time in formulating an EOI for submission.
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), through its TEEB Office, is looking for technical institutions and researchers to participate in the scoping study for the Baltic Sea region.
A TEEB scoping study determines the appropriate scope, ambition and objectives of a full TEEB study which may subsequently follow.
The overall aim of the current study is to scope a work plan that, upon completion as a full TEEB study, would contribute significantly to the economic argument for reducing eutrophication in the entirety of the Baltic Sea. In order to achieve this aim, a necessary pre-condition is that policy-makers who can influence the achievement or otherwise of this aim have buy-in, involvement and final acceptance of the proposed work plan.
The total budget available to the contractor would be 60,000 Euros
Tasks to be undertaken
- Provide input to UNEP as to the constituency of a steering committee (of policy-makers) for the current project.
- Systematic review of economic literature on the benefits of eutrophication reduction. Note that this review should not focus on the issues of eutrophication (which are relatively well-established)
- Synthesis report on geographical coverage of available valuation data points and gaps.
- Proposal to carry out economic valuation using both non-market valuation and other methodologies that would advance the overall project aim. The proposal should be fully costed, with a Gantt chart and a discussion of project risks.
- Development of a dissemination strategy to engage the steering committee to achieve buy-in and support, to include some proposed metric of success therein.
- All project deliverables are to be finalized by 31 December 2014.
Documentation to be submitted
UNEP invites interested parties to submit their expression of interest covering the above points and include the following in their submission:
- A methodological and logistical overview of how the project would be carried out; a presentation of expected challenges and how these would be managed
- Evidence of competence and relevant experience
- A detailed budget
- A project timeline, bearing in mind that all deliverables are due by 31 December 2014
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) of expert(s) who would work on the project
- Institution’s legal status, if applicable.
- Contact name and details (direct phone number and email address)
Deadline and submission
In order to participate in the call for expression of interest, please submit your detailed expression of interest, in PDF format, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 April 2014 (17:00 CET).
All communications and queries related to this call should be sent to email@example.com and should clearly indicate the application ID (TEEB/ZEN/2014/EOI-BAL) and the institution name in the subject title. E-mails should not exceed 8MB.
For detailed information about the call for expression, the Terms of Reference, the key issues and the research specifications click here.