The 2015 CBD Business Forum is expected to bring together companies, Governments, NGOs, and other organizations, both from Finland as well as globally. Overall, about 250 people are expected to participate in Helsinki, Finland.
The agenda of the 2015 CBD Business and Biodiversity Forum will reflect the business engagement decision of COP 12 (decision XII/10), which has significantly strengthened the mandate of work in this area. The main goals of this meeting are as follows:
- To raise awareness of businesses regarding various biodiversity-related issues and provide appropriate information. Specific areas include:
- The importance of Natural Capital
- Sector Based Case Studies and Practices
- Finance and Biodiversity
- Other Specific COP 12 decisions.
- To obtain inputs to be used in the process of formulating the COP 13 business recommendations for consideration by Parties based on the outcomes of the Forum
- To provide guidance on where businesses and other relevant stakeholders can find additional solutions and support with regard to issue of biodiversity and (more widely) sustainability.
Besides the main business forum, there will also be three technical workshops and closed meeting that are planned for this period:
- A technical workshop on the Commodity Impact Indicators for Biodiversity Initiative;
- A technical workshop on Reporting; and
- The 5th meeting of the Global Partnership for Business and Biodiversity.
More information -> www.cbd.int/business/bc/2015forum.shtml