The 2016 Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) will be the leading platform for sustainable land use, alongside UNFCCC COP22, featuring more than 30 interactive sessions and exhibitions to present the latest science, launch new initiatives and pitch innovative ideas for climate action based on sustainable land use. The GLF will provide a dedicated space for leading climate and development experts to:
• Identify solutions that help realize both development and climate goals on the ground;
• Measure progress towards ‘climate in development’ goals in landscapes, based on the latest science; and
• Build a platform that inspires local action for global goals.
Accompanied by online events and a global social media campaign, the Forum will reach 500 selected participants onsite in Marrakesh and hundreds of thousands around the world.
The 2016 Global Landscapes Forum: Climate Action will take place on 16 November 2016 at the Kenzi Club Agdal Medina, Marrakesh. Themes All event sessions will tie global policy processes to real action at the landscape level. Discussion forums and plenary speakers will explore the impact climate policies have on smallholders and local communities – and how successful landscape approaches can inform the fight against climate change and alleviate poverty for the most vulnerable.
The core themes of the Global Landscapes Forum: Climate Action include:
• Landscape restoration for climate action;
• The food security-landscape-climate nexus;
• Measuring and tracking progress towards climate goals in the landscape;
• Financing climate action in the landscape; and
• Landscape tenure and community rights in the global climate agenda. Additional topics will be accepted as wild card topics – those suggestions that are felt to be outside the core themes, but received the highest marks in the competitive selection process led by the Forum’s science committee.
More information > www.landscapes.org/glf-marrakesh