The Economics of Ecosystems & Biodiversity for Agriculture & Food
Expert Workshop Brussels (Radisson Blu Royal Hotel)
8-11 September 2015
A 3.5-day expert workshop is being organized in Brussels (Radisson Blu Royal Hotel) in order to bring together a community of experts to accomplish the following tasks:
1. Review feeder study inputs (palm oil, agro-forestry, inland fisheries, rice, maize and livestock);
2. Identify gaps and lessons learned;
3. Finalize a study framework;
4. Explore options for additional research; and
5. Agree on content, structure and writing teams for Foundations and Policies reports.
At its core, TEEB For Agriculture and Food will seek to provide a comprehensive economic evaluation of the ‘eco-agri-food systems’ complex, and demonstrate that the economic environment in which farmers operate is distorted by significant externalities, both negative and positive, and a lack of awareness of dependency on natural capital.
Workshop´s relevant documents
Follow the live updates about the workshop through TEEB´s Twitter account